Last Thursday, I had the honor to have my debut guest post in Ridha’s Kitchen, thank you very much 🙂 If you like baking, making cupcakes, pastries, etc. you might be interested to follow her blog.
Kwetiau is one of Indonesian favorite dish, especially those served with hot plate, yummy! They have a selection of beef, chicken and seafood. These Chinese originated rice noodles are hit with the Indonesian.
The point is to make the sauce when you want to eat it, because serving it fresh will bring the best taste. If you leave it out then heat it with microwave, the consistency will become watery and looses its taste
Flat noodles enough for 3 person
4 tbsp sesame oil
1 small bag seafood
2 pok choy
1 small carrot
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fish sauce
salt & pepper to taste
400 ml water
2-3 tbsp cornstarch
How to prepare:
– Boil flat noodles, when done drop in cold water and drain.
– Add flat noodles with sesame oil, set aside.
– Crush the garlics with the side of your knife, then cut into very small pieces.
– Add seafood and saute for a while.
– Add the water and leave 1/4 cup to dilute with cornstarch later.
– Add the fish sauce, salt and pepper.
– When the water comes to a boil add the diluted cornstarch and stir well until you get the consistency you want.
– Mix egg in a bowl, add little by little to the water while keep stirring.
– Add the carrot and leave for 2 minutes.
– Add pok choy and turn off the heat, let it cook.
How to serve:
– Heat the hot plate for 3 to 5 minutes.
– Take out, add the kwetiau and the sauce, serve immediately.